The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is here! Michelle is a specialist disability provider and will work closely with other agencies, family and schools in the Noosa and Hinterland regions to ensure the highest quality of services are provided.
ASD – Autism
Sometimes a new assessment of needs and functioning is required to support your application to NDIS. Michelle is experienced in diagnostic, adaptive functioning and behavioural assessments. The assessment may also involve a Speech and Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, a Physiotherapist or a Behavioural Optometrist as needed, Michelle will consult with Allied Health Professionals for an integrated response.
The assessment typically involves:
- Semi-structured interviews with participant/primary carer
- Adaptive behaviour assessment
- Autism Diagnostic Interview – R or ADOS
- Adapted assessment of social skills/academic skills/work ready skills
- Independent living skills review
- Sensory and motor skills assessment
- Review of previous reports
- Social skills and relationships
- Support with mental health
- Positive behaviour support
- Reducing restrictions and increasing quality of life
- Psychological Therapy